Celebration of Pollinators
Month-long Pollinator Events
Pollinator Lego Contest - Youth ages 5-19 can enter a pollinator inspired LEGO® creation in this expo. Entry is submission of a digital image of the creation. The contest runs June 1 - June 30, 2023. Follow link above for more details, including entry link.
Henrico Master Gardener Plant Clinics, Saturdays in June, 9-3 - Learn more about pollinators at our display at the Henrico Master Gardener Plant Clinic at Strange's Florists, Greenhouses and Garden Centers, 12111 W Broad St. While you are there ask our Master Gardeners your lawn and gardening questions!
- Henrico Master Gardener Pollinator Festival and Plant Sale; June 3, 9am - 1pm; Deep Run Recreation Center, 9900 Ridgefield Pkwy. FREE admission.
- Henrico Board of Supervisors' Pollinator Week Proclamation; June 13, 7:00 pm; Board of Supervisors room at the county's western government center at 4301 East Parham Road, Henrico 23228.
- Film Screening "My Garden of a Thousand Bees", June 22, 7:00 pm; Board of Supervisors room at the county's western government center at 4301 East Parham Road, Henrico 23228; FREE
Pollinators at the Park
Learn about pollinators at the Henrico Master Gardener Demonstration Gardens located within two Henrico County parks! Henrico Master Gardeners will be on hand to give tours of the gardens, highlight our local pollinators and answer your pollinator and garden questions. There will also be childrens activites at each event. Additionally, the Short Pump Park event will feature Popsicles with Pollinators and the Armour House event will feature several children's storytimes throughout the event.
- Short Pump Park Pollinator Garden, June 10, 10 - Noon; Short Pump Park, 3329 Pump Rd.; FREE
- Butterfly Garden at Armour House & Gardens at Meadowview Park, June 25, 1-3pm, 4001 Clarendon Rd.; FREE
*In the event of inclement weather, these events will be cancelled.
Henrico Horticulture and Henrico Master Gardeners Association Facebook Pages
Learn more about the importance of pollinators with these social media themed posts:
- Mondays in June - Consequences if pollinators are lost;
- Tuesdays In June - Pollinator of the week;
- Thursdays In June - Pollinator plant of the week.